Monday, March 23, 2015

Become Unbroken



Many times in my life I have faced disappointment. Whether in myself, or in other people. When things don't go the way I want them to, I want to breakdown and cry. I know I'm not the only one. These things happen and it can bring out the worst in people.
In the past, I felt the need to seek approval from others. I constantly imitated others because I wasn't sure what I wanted for myself, neither did I know who I was or who I wanted to become. I started to come to a realization that I needed to accept where I am and take myself to where I want to go.

I would say failure is my greatest fear. I hate to fail at something, especially if it is something I'm really good at. Fear can stop you from doing the things that you love the most. Over time I have learned to trust in something far greater than myself and that has helped me stay motivated in what the future may hold. So listen up people: 

Know that you're in control, don't let things destroy you and stand up for yourself. Live your life and work at everything with your all. I know things are easier said than done, but that shouldn't stop you. Give it a shot and see where it takes you.

I love being inspired and watching this video made me feel motivated to live my life to the full. Hope it motivated you to do the same!

"Let what you love, be what you do." -Rumi
-Alexandra Dimas
ENG 112

1 comment:

  1. Goodness gracious! Where do I begin? First off that was both incredible and inspiring. Your words alone were powerful and resonate with my life, and I imagine the lives of others as well. Reading your post made me think about the times I thought about quitting my dream of performing jazz. Yet it also speaks on what mindset I had to not give up. Then to add the video to that? I felt like the speakers gave me a call to action to go outside and yell "I won't back down!" But that wouldn't have made much sense, would it? Thank you for that message, it has giving me a jolt that was much needed. It has also given me motivation to finish the year out strong.

    -Izaak G
    Eng 112

    ReplyDelete