Friday, May 8, 2015

Hard work always pays off!

You can do anything you set your mind to. An example of this for me was when I took PE III during my junior year. During the course we were required to go to the weight room, and this helped shape me to grow both mentally and physically. I was a really skinny guy, and that made me uncomfortable when I entered the weight room. I was unfamiliar with the weights and could not compete with my stronger classmates. In addition, at the beginning, I did not like how we had to go to the weight room because I did not feel physically capable to lift weights. It was uncomfortable for me, because I felt weaker than others in the class who would lift heavier weights than me. The first week I was there, I pretended to do something else. For instance, when I bench pressed for the first time, I could not even balance or lift the bar. But my friends were always there supporting and helping out. Then, later in the year, I saw improvement in my body. I slowly gained weight and muscle. Friends in my class helped me out by giving me tips and pointers for when I would work out. This helped me grow more comfortable in that environment. I started to go to the weight room outside of school. And the results of my hard work made me feel very pleasant, and I wanted to continue this success.

-David Workneh
Eng 112

No comments:

Post a Comment