Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Radio Stations Paying to Play

Remember the issue a couple years ago about radio stations having to pay fees to be able to play musics on air? Here is a news about it just to refresh your memory. Think: is this okay or not?
I remembered about it but I never heard the ending, but I know for sure that I am against it. I mean, everyone loves to listen to music and there are a variety of them. However, for musicians, even from the past, now demanding to get paid more? That is a great deal for them, but what about the radio stations? Many would lose business and would be more into radio talk, which many of us don't want to listen to.
After reading this article, http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/23/business/media/23royalties.html, I can't believe it. This was a shocker, but still understandable that they don't want to have a higher fee. However, it is still just another way for musicians to get more pay when they (well some) are getting a triple amount of a normal person's pay check! Still say that this was a good, fair deal? Would you rather have radio stations pay for the music or be silent?
-N. Obusan

No comments:

Post a Comment